Saturday, March 01, 2008

Early Satuday Morning

I did something for the first time today. I watched the sun come up over the city from the zoo. Ron and I got up at 5:30 (AM..in case you were wondering)to get ready and be at the zoo by 6:40 to volunteer with the Jaycees at the March for Meals 5k. It was great to see everyone and very interesting to watch the race dynamics -- the serious runners to the strollers, those with wheels and those with feet.

I was at the beginning and the end of the race in the parking lot, while Ron was inside the zoo. We were there just to make sure folks stayed on the running path. Afterwards we met up with some of our old and new Jaycees friends to chat for a while before heading over to Main St. for breakfast at Chic-fil-A and a quick walk through the "Excavating Eygpt" exhibit at the Art Museum. It was a great exhibit and I can't wait to take the boys back to see it. Ron and I then came home and took a LONG nap!
(in the photo from L to R: Elizabeth (with Ron hiding behind her), Me, Sheila, Randy, Ben, Hailey, John and Ryan)

No comments: