Friday, February 29, 2008

How Did You Spend Your Leap Day?

That seemed to be the question of the day on the Internet, TV and radio. Most of my "leap day" was spent just like always.....at school (though we did go to Young Chef's Academy for a field trip and that was different and fun). After school was a different story.......

Ron and I are volunteering at the "March for Meals" 5K tomorrow morning (we have to be AT the zoo by 6:40 AM...CRINGE) with Jaycees. I needed to pick up our tee shirts so we wouldn't have to change when we got there in the morning and so after getting Clay from school, it was very nice outside, the boys and I decided to go on and utilize our membership by spending an hour or so at the zoo before picking up the shirts and meeting Ron for dinner at the Salty Nut.

We had a really good time. Their were way more people than we anticipated (January and February are free on Fridays for Richland and Lexington residents. I'm guessing that explains it), but most of the animals were in rare form. The flamingos were hilarious...they were "talking" and stretching their necks. We saw the lemurs for the first time. Not sure how we missed those. And, then we got to see the new baby koala....it is SO cute!! Maybe they all new today was "leap day" and they were taking advantage of it!

We go to the zoo quite a bit, most definitely getting our money's worth from the membership. And, I have taken hundreds of pictures, but I still always take my camera and take more. It seems that every time we go, there is something new to document.

I'm sure the zoo won't be nearly as great at the crack of dawn in the morning so I am glad the boys and I enjoyed it this afternoon! :)
BubbleShare: Share photos - Safe Baby Toys

No comments: