Sunday, March 16, 2008

St. Pat's and Tornados!


What a weekend! Ron's mother came down Friday evening to pick up Ben for the weekend. He hadn't been able to celebrate his brithday with her and Grandpa yet. And, Clay was off to Barstow for an OA weekend. While she was here, we went out to Sandhill for some shopping and then I went downtown after they left to take Ron dinner. Remember the big project that ate up all those weekends? Well, after at trip to Nashville to visit the vendor last week they were sure it would happne on Friday night. Ron got home at 6 AM! He was exhausted and we had planned to meet up with friends for the St. Patrick's Day celebration. We chose to sleep in and go down a little later. In the process I kept complaining that I had a scratchy throat.


We met up with Aimee and Marley and headed to Delaneys for lunch and ended up spending the rest of the day there because of the weather. I had planned to go meet my friend Stephanie to see Edwin McCain and she texted that it was cancelled due to tornado warnings! It was crazy! Apparently it never got bad downtown, but out where we are several friends have told us it was really nasty. Quite the experience for our first St. Patrick's Day in Columbia!
We thought we had gone all out buying beads and buttons and green jewelry, but some of the people were a HOOT!! Like the guy above who was completely decked out in his leprechaun suit. Some people had their hair dyed green, and it was GREEN, GREEN everywhere you looked!

Remember the scratchy throat? Well, I've spent the whole day laying around due to a sore throat and fever. YUCK! Ron has been taking great care of me bringing medicine and picking up so that I can rest. If I don't feel better tomorrow, I'll go to the dr.


Happy St. Patrick's Day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I forgot to tell you-- Saturday the day of all the tornadic activity? Where was I ? Camping! We were all huddled underneath an EZ shelter watching the marbel sized hail fall and wondering why in the world we didn't desert the woods and river for better shelter?! A tornado passed 8 miles North of where we were camping. not the best camping trip I have ever had.